Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:24:47 -0400
From: ray.wat...@opensolutions.com
Subject: Re: How DIRMAINT Work ?
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

We use all the “DIRMAINT ” or “DIRM”  commands and also are able to use XEDIT
to make our major directory changes. I wrote an EXEC to “DIRMAINT OFFLINE”,
“DIRMAINT BACKUP”, DIRMAINT SHUTDOWN”, then “COPY USER BACKUP B &DIRNAME DIRECT
A (OLDD “ , followed by “XEDIT &DIRNAME DIRECT A”.

Once my EXDIT changes are made and I “FILE”, I “COPY &DIRNAME DIRECT A USER
INPUT C (OLDD” to the DIRMAINT 1DF mdisk,” CP XAUTOLOG DIRMAINT”, “EXEC
DIRMAINT ONLINE”.

Anyway you get the idea. There are precautions  and sleeps and performed by the
EXEC, but that is the general idea.

Hope this helps,
Ray Waters