George,

This is tough to solve without access to your disks and logs.

1) What SERVLINK files arrived with that RSU?

    Did you apply the RSU using the SERVICE command?
2) If so, what was the syntax you entered for that command?
    Hint: XEDIT $VMFSRV  $MSGLOG  A1
    Another hint, XEDIT command: ALL /VMFSRV2195I/
Be sure to QUIT that file, you don't want to change it by accident!

Mike Walter
Aon Hewitt
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"George Henke/NYLIC" <george_he...@newyorklife.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
10/20/2010 01:04 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
RSU or PSU?

I ordered and was delivered the following RSU from SHOPZ.

I installed it, but the RSU Level did not change, it is still 0802.

Why did RSU level not change when I installed this upgrade.

The Service Guide talks of a PSU (Product Service Upgrade), not an RSU.

Was this a PSU and not an RSU?

Then why does SHOPZ call it an RSU, even Stacked 5407 RSU?
Manufacturing order number   B9357956
Manufacturing status
Data sent via "INTERNET" SDF Order# B9357956 was Shipped at 11:33:03
09/28/2010
Order basics
Order name
Service - 2010-09-28 13.30.28
Date created
2010-09-28 13.30.35
Last modified
2010-09-28 13.32.17
Customer number
6486257
Operating environment
z/VM
Package category
Service
Package type
RSU Recommended Service Upgrade
Installed software
None

Order contents
RSUs
z/VM Version 5.4.0 Stacked 5407RSU (PTF UM97540)
Create additional order
for PSP service
Yes

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by e-mail.