From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of George Henke/NYLIC
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:04 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: RSU or PSU?

I ordered and was delivered the following RSU from SHOPZ.

I installed it, but the RSU Level did not change, it is still 0802.

Why did RSU level not change when I installed this upgrade.

The Service Guide talks of a PSU (Product Service Upgrade), not an RSU.

Was this a PSU and not an RSU?

Then why does SHOPZ call it an RSU, even Stacked 5407 RSU?

Manufacturing order number   B9357956
Manufacturing status
Data sent via "INTERNET" SDF Order# B9357956 was Shipped at 11:33:03 09/28/2010
Order basics

Order name

Service - 2010-09-28 13.30.28

Date created

2010-09-28 13.30.35

Last modified

2010-09-28 13.32.17

Customer number

6486257

Operating environment

z/VM

Package category

Service

Package type

RSU Recommended Service Upgrade

Installed software

None
Order contents

RSUs

z/VM Version 5.4.0 Stacked 5407RSU (PTF UM97540)

Create additional order
for PSP service

Yes

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email
address. Thank You.