From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:54 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: The old VM/ESA CMS GUI - Does it still live?

That is an assumption or opinion, not necessarily a fact. For example, my wife
may not know the operating system line mode commands, but she certainly knows
the accounting systems that she uses via a GUI interface. In fact, the GUI
represents an increase in productivity.

I would suggest that if you do not know what you are doing, then you should not
use either interface; if you do know, you should use whatever interface you
choose. Rule Number 1 (Know what you are doing) applies.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

> You still type in your 3270 emulator, you still have to know
> what you're doing.   GUI's hide that from you
>
> Doug

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to European legal entities.