From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of gclo...@br.ibm.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:37 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: How Submit a JOB from Z/VM to Z/OS using RSCS ?

George,
Is it a modified SUBVSE EXEC, supplied with VSE?
If yes, see the newer version (manual  "z/VSE Installation Version 4 Release
2"):

"The VM/VSE Interface is a set of VSE phases and CMS modules supplied by z/VSE.
These phases and modules provide functions for interfacing to one or more z/VSE
guest systems from CMS. The VM/VSE Interface routines are distributed in
IJSYSRS.SYSLIB. You must obtain the routines from the library and install them
on a CMS minidisk."

Clovis

"Shedlock, George" <gshedl...@aegonusa.com>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

04/01/2011 11:57

Re: How Submit a JOB from Z/VM to Z/OS using RSCS ?

Sent by:

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Speaking of submitting jobs, does anyone remember of have a copy of the old
“SUB EXEC” that was floating around the network some years back? In addition to
doing the requisite SPOOL/TAG/PUNCH commands, it also provided for parameter
substitution, includes and nested includes.

I seem to have misplaced my copy during one of my moves.

George Shedlock Jr
AEGON Information Technology
AEGON USA
502-560-3541