ty all very much.

"Feller, Paul" <pfel...@aegonusa.com>
02/01/2011 03:24 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: z196 lb4ul

You would be using the default which is port 0 (zero).  The port number
really only comes into play if you have an OSA Express3 card and are
connecting to the second port or what is called the A1 port on the card
layout.

Paul Feller
AIT Mainframe Technical Support

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of George Henke/NYLIC
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:05 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z196 lb4ul

What is the default PORT number?

We do not specify PORT number in our VSWITCH definition below (from SYSTEM
CONFIG):

define vswitch lnxvsw1 rdev 9004

Sorry to ask:

But does this mean we do not use an OSA.?

Or does it mean we use a default?

I think it may mean the former.

Mark Post <mp...@novell.com>
02/01/2011 02:50 PM

<george_he...@newyorklife.com>
wrote:
> How did you change your vswitch definition for PO1?
>
> Chuckie has deigned use of PORTNAME in VSWITCH taboo.

Port number is not the same as port name.  Two different parameters
entirely.

Mark Post