tyvm, Paul and Marcy:

Paul's approach is to first come up with the new changes to a new SYS2817
CONFIG using FN= to IPL and leaving the old SYSTEM CONFIG unchanged and
intact as a fallback.

What is the thought of making the change to SYSTEM CONFIG after renaming
the it to something else as a fallback and just IPLing normally, and only
using FN= in case of fallback?

What is "Best Practice"?

"Feller, Paul" <pfel...@aegonusa.com>
02/04/2011 05:18 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: z196 lb4ul

 Yes Marcy is correct about adding P01 to your VSWITCH address.  I will
have to do something similar on February 13th when we move from a z10 to
z196.  My plan is to have two SYSTEM CONFIG members.  One will be called
SYS2817 CONFIG and I will use it to do the first IPL on the new box.  That
one will have my changes in it.  If all goes well I will change SYSTEM
CONFIG before the next IPL.

Paul Feller
AIT Mainframe Technical Support
pfel...@aegonusa.com