>"Hack"?!?   That's what UCOMDIR/SCOMDIR were designed for and why CMS
>manages APPC the way it does.  FIlepool references in CMS are, by design,
>symbolic destination names.  If you don't have a COMDIR entry, you get the
>defaults (e.g. TPN = symbolic name).

Look at it this way.  I don't want to have to have some VM guy with 30 years of
experience needed to figure out where I put the config file for a product.
Ooo, look, there's the file that takes your request and sends it off magically
to ... Oh wait, you lost that file you didn't know about in the migration from
6.8 to 6.9? and now you can't mount tapes.  Uh oh, back off the upgrade since
its going to take more than your 2 hour change window to get IBM on the phone
to figure out why since I  didn't answer my phone after winning the Lotto and
running off to Bora Bora.

:P)

Marcy

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.