>> For example, running walk is in the center of the gait spectrum.  How is
>> that named?
>
> tolt.

Incorrectly, the Icelanders believe tolt is in the middle.  It isn't.

The running walk is the center of the gait spectrum; it is not a tolt.  Tolt is
a lateral gait.

Vicka, you are way out of your league in this discussion.

I have a challenge for you, however.  I would like you to join the
gaitedhorse list (you can go on no-mail if you so choose, because the list
has lots of mail and lots of good discussions about gait and horsemanship),
and each time you would like to mention "tolt" on this list, you also post
the same message to the gaitedhorse list.

Otherwise, just be still, be quiet, listen, and learn about gaits.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com