this might be bad, I dont know, but I give mine a treat from the
saddle after they have stood rock solid for a good while, while I get
all settled, get my feet right in the stirrups etc.  if they walk I
circle them back around and make them wait.  wiggle around, etc then
lean and give them a treat when they are being as still as can be.
All mine stand like a rock and I think this is why.  If I am on the
trail and I dont have a treat I give them a handful of grass and they
dont seem to notice a difference.  I dont give Tivar anything til
after a ride tho because he is a food monster.  and he stands well at
the block as long as his saddle is on right.
Janice
--
yipie tie yie yo