A couple of years ago at the local annual farrier's education clinic, a few of
our farriers did a segment called "Trade-offs in hoof care."  Basically, one
farrier would point out the advantages to one aspect of shoeing/trimming, and
then the next one would give the counterpoints to the same aspect.  There are
very few things about any aspect of horse-ownership that don't have pro's and
con's associated.  It's the day-to-day struggle we face as horse-owners -
always having to pick the lesser of the evils.

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.