>>> Using anything to stengthen your horse is out of line? Say whenI was in
Track I used weights to even my mucles and ther fore be a better runner and
in better shape, we as huimans use wights and movement to improvr our bodies
and competitive sports,  If what you say is true, all all atheltes should
stop doing that.

I'm not sure what you're referring too, but if you're talking about shoes on
horses, it doesn't work that way.  The anatomy of a horse is quite different
from a human - did you see the articles Judy posted recently?   (I believe
"distal limb" was in the subject line.)  A horse has no muscles below his
knee, so weights (weighted shoes, pads, bell boots, action devices,
whatever) don't build muscle - simply put, they stress tendons and
ligaments.   The horse's "foot" as we know it (the hoof) is actually
comparable to a single toe on a human.

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC