On 11/27/07, Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I get SOOOOOO fed up with barefoot evangelists in other countries
> telling me that all my riding horses would be fine without shoes if
> only I would persevere with them and so on, when I have spent
> literally years attempting to convert several different horses, and
> had no luck whatsoever, at least with front feet.
>
> I think the valium's worn off, BTW.
>
> Mic

i agree!  same here the opposite way!  I get sick of hearing my horses
should have special trims, shoes to gait, boots etc.  My horses are
trimmed to natural angles and barefooted and walk in sand 24/7.  they
dont need no shoes!  it gets ridiculous when people in other areas try
to tell people things sometimes. I have had people tell me our coastal
bermuda hay is inferior.??  maybe it is where they are.  But here its
the best there is!  I could feed alfalfa but it cost four times as
much and i would have to ship it in from far away.  And feed, oh lord
dont go there.  My horses do so well on purina strategy, and people
say oh thats terrible, you should use  blah blah, and I am thinking
hmm, and pay shipping for fifty pound sacks of feed to be air mailed
to me from hundreds of miles away??  people are nutty sometimes.  I
have had people tell me i shouldnt feed my horses at all.  ??  every
week this summer people with nicer pastures than mine were arrested
for starving their horses, mine stand ankle deep in sand all day, umn,
what are they supposed to live on??  air??

i think i need a valium too.
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo