Hi Wanda,
Good for your mother, will keep her young, even if it is just with the
stories she can tell.

Sophie is sooo cute - Sushi, my son Jesses Pom, was here over Christmas and
he is really cute.  I got him a soft sided crate and he slept in it near our
bed.  I will find some good info for you on crate training and let you know.
I did it, using an extra large birdcage that sat on the floor, with my own
first puppy - it was 32 years ago and crate training wasn't exactly popular
- it worked really well.  It should never be a punishment but can be a great
security space if used correctly and depending on the dog.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada