Hi Anna
>>I bought "Puppy's First Steps"  by the Faculty of the Cummings Schoold
of Vet. Med at Tufts University.  The book is totally positive
reinforcement based and is the first book that I've read that said
that it's okay to let the puppy or dog sleep with you.

Sounds like a book I'd like and one I am not familiar with.  I know the
Sirius and Karen Pryor book which are also good.

Sushi, the Pom also slept with us - with his little crate on the bed at
first so I would hear if he asked to go out.  He is 7 months old and
definitely prefers to potty outside.  I think with little dogs the most
important aspect is to take them outside often and regularly.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada