On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:22 PM, susan cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Would it flex from the horse's shoulder moving?

Probably not, but my Boz doesn't sit on my horse's shoulder.

> I would NOT buy his saddle.  He does not have a demo
> program for one, and for two, he promotes a certain
> style of riding and I've heard from several off list
> that if his saddle doesn't work for your horse it's
> because of the way you ride.  So I put an X over his saddle.

He's a strange bird.  If you call him on the phone be prepared to be
there for a long time.  I really worried about buying it because of
the no return/no trial policy, but the other saddles I was looking at
in 2003 were custom and non returnable either.  I noticed that his
saddles were hard to find and were selling on the endurance list for
about what a new one cost so I figured I could sell it for not much of
a loss if need be.  He does make them custom and puts you name on the
saddle.  I was afraid to use my Port Lewis impression pad for a long
time after I got it, but when I did I was very pleased with the
results.  There is an all leather version of the saddle I have (I have
the cheaper sheepskin)  selling on ebay for about what I paid for
mine.  It was the narrow twist like mine, which I think flexes even
more because there is a little less tree.

--
Anna
Southern Ohio