--- Janice McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>  I think American Flex and Timberline are just
watered down copyright infringements,<<

I think you have a point there!  The Timberline guy
said to me the took what the original maker (Les?) had
good with the original Ortho-flex(before he sold the
patent) and went with it.  The original guy kept
trying to improve his saddle without any trials, so
depending on which model/year Ortho-flex you have
depends on weather it works for your horse or injures
him.  So you're right, but they do admit they copied
him.

>> Orthoflex has recently, in the last two years, came
out with a new shorter, more flexible panel, just for
gaited horses,<<

I will have to check out their website.  Just because
I didn't write about a certain saddle wasn't a dis -
it's because they were not at the convention. If I'd
had my druthers, they would have ALL been there,
because I only want one more saddle.

>> if I were to buy a treed saddle again I would have
it custom made for my horse's back.<<

Yea, but I've heard so many horror stories about how
people paid up to $4000 for a saddle like that and it
didn't work out.  Also, the back changes, so that is
why I am interested in something flexible, or you can
change like the Specialized.

Susan in NV
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
  Riding for Breast Cancer Awareness