Here's my question:  do people THINK it is collected
> because the horse's head and neck are cranked up and
> back, and then when pushed for speed, of course the
> horse is stepping under itself, because the front is
> held back so much.  But that is not a round-backed
> collection.

I think they think it's collection because they have "collected" up
the reins and face and feel like the horses is "collected" under them.
 If you have ever ridden an upper level dressage horse, as I have, you
would never mistake the two again.

--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley