 Yeah, I betcha.  Probably the same one who said that breeders shouldn't
check on their pregnant mares.  Probably the same one who said my breeding
 program is questionable because I allowed a three-gaited gelding on my
property...as if three-gaitedness is contagious.  The same one who calls
BTW, this is a new claim -  that they were bred for THOUSANDS (plural?) of
years on ice?   The standard line is that they were isolated in Iceland for
ONE thousand years, but I  think there's evidence to indicate even that's
questionable.  And, as Judy questioned, how often do Icelandics really RUN
on ice when left to their own devices?  Unless their lives are in danger?
Or do they step gingerly, picking their way for the most part?

 You'd think someone who claims to be a vet would know that horses don't
"evolve" with special adaptive traits in a period of a mere thousand years.
Certain traits can be selectively eliminated very quickly - even in a single
generation, but adaptive evolution takes many, many, many years - tens of
thousands to millions - to happen.

 Hey, but what do you expect from me - I'm proud to say that I check in on
my pregnant mares several times a day when they are due, and we'll even pull
a foal if there is any doubt about the mare's or foal's survival during
delivery...