Just because other disciplines have sins of their own is no reason to
overlook the sins within our own breed...and there's certainly no joy for me
in finding "degrees of bad."  I think this list is about finding the optimal
ways to do things, not to be satisfied with being best than the very worst
examples.

BTW, we took hunter lessons for several years, with my daughter showing in
hunter classes.  If the weather was iffy - with mud or wet grass - we simply
didn't jump.  Our horses were barefoot even back then, so studs weren't an
option - nor did we need them.  We worked on other things when the
conditions weren't ideal - flat work, groundwork, desensitizing activities,
leisurely trail rides, cleaned tack, whatever.  We also elected for her not
to show in one particular arena once simply because we felt the footing was
way too deep.  There's room for sensible horsemanship practices in virtually
every discipline or sport, if people choose to look for ways.