apparently. I've not seen it - never been to an icetolt - but a friend
who went to one in Holland said the horses were allowed loose on to
the ice before it all started and they seemed to love it as they felt
secure on it.

Of course they feel secure if they have ICE NAILS in in their shoes.
But do they know about the horrible torque they are putting on their
joints that will cause long term damage?  Shame on people for
interfering with their natural instincts to move carefully...

Would you go for a run in golf cleats?  I'd bet not...and I'd not be
too sympathetic in a few years if you did and had damage to your knees
and hips.