Yes, I consider two-week-olds essentially newborns in this context.  In
fact, in THIS context, I'd probably consider any pre-weanling baby as a
"newborn," ESPECIALLY if they haven't been handled.  Have you seen many
newborn foals?   Maybe, you have, and I don't want to be condescending to
those who have, but it's important that people understand.  Within an hour,
they are up and nursing.  In a couple of hours, sometimes less, they can
run.   They are essentially born moving - that's not the issue to me.  I'm
not so concerned about the physical impact of this chasing (although that
COULD present hazards as well) as I am the mental aspect.  I can tell you
from looking out in my pasture right now, that foals are basically blank
slates, soaking up every experience, for a long time.  And yes, I truly
believe that they would be terrorized in such a context. I didn't have to
see that in person - I just know what foals are like.  If I caught anyone
chasing my foals, that are now one month-olds, there would be heck to
pay...with me, and with Maja and Flekka.    Didn't you catch that they have
to take the mares out to chase them?    That's an important detail here.