Karen, I agree with a lot of what you are saying.  I went to the
evalulations here in Georgia last Friday, the day when they were
evaluating the youngsters.  I had two yearlings that I considered
taking with me but changed my mind when I realized how much it would
cost to fill up my truck with gas and pay the evaluation fee of $75.00
for each filly.  I expressed these concerns to the German lady who was
judging and she said that as soon as next year, she would be taking a
road trip around the country, stopping at people's farms to evaluate
horses.  Evaluations on Wheels!

Everyone at the evaluation was given a book with a half page dedicated
to a colt being evalutated.  That half page gave a description of the
colt leaving enough room to write notes.  Some of the people who were
not judging were grading the colts as they came through just for
practice, and then jotting down the comments that the judges made and
compared their marks with the judges'.  So it was a learning
experience for me.  I think I understand the process a little better,
but there are still some nagging questions. Annie