Actually, I was hoping to get more of a response to
the last two paragraphs than the first two.

to repeat:
"as the interaction of
natural ability and conformation are modified by
habitual patterns of movement horses can and do
stiffen up and/or get more lateral or diagonal as they
mature.  So what they do as babies or even as 2 year
olds may or may not be what they show as mature
adults.

Under what umbrella is the evaluation of foals
sanctioned? I really would hate to see Icelandic foals
subjected to the cruel absurdity that goes on in say
the quarter horse futurities$$.  Prehaps its time to
draft some protective language for younger horses in
FEIF or USIHC if its not already in there. Anyone know
if this can be done or if it is already there but
ignored?"