>>> He didn't have it when he was with you before did he?   V

No...but horses often take a year, sometimes many years, to show it when
they move.  I've heard of a few imports that didn't show it until they'd
been in the USA for 10 years, and many haven't shown it for five years -
average might be within 1-2 years.  Tivar was only here for six months, so I
couldn't swear that "he didn't have it here" so much as "he didn't show it
here."   He would, however, rub his face sometimes, but I was able to
control that by using the long-lasting (War Paint or Equi-Spot) bug
repellents, and by keeping a fly mask on him.  Janice was doing all that and
MUCH more and he was still itching and rubbing in Florida.