On November 16, 2022 4:11:27 AM UTC, Roland Turner
<roland=40rolandturner....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:
>On 15/11/22 23:29, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>
>> Wei might argue that their signature means "We attest that this passed
>> through us, and we did our best to make sure it was legitimate before it
>> went out", than the more absolute "We claim this is legitimate and we are
>> willing to stake our reputation on it" that some seem to infer.  The latter
>> might even be incentive to consider not signing anymore.
>
>+1

That incentive would be a feature in my opinion.

Similar things have been done in the past in related contexts.  I'm aware that
at one point one major provider focused their low quality (might be spam, but
not obviously enough so we can decline to send it) through specific IP
addresses so that the bulk of the higher quality traffic wouldn't be impacted
(the reputation scores were substantially different).  This may still be going
on, but it's been a very long time since I've had access to appropriate data to
check.

Scott K