The warning that was issued was perfectly appropriate for a chair to issue.

And it appears to have been issued in consultation with the other chairs and AD
as is fair.

The only thing that remains is for some other chair to have issued the warning.

From: Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 7:51 AM
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.li...@gmail.com>, Laura Atkins
<la...@wordtothewise.com>
Cc: ietf-dkim@ietf.org <ietf-dkim@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-dkim] What has been tried and doesn't work should be
documented in the problem statement

On 3/28/23 7:16 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
Let me clarify that

  1.  I think Mike’s tone to have been aggressive in this, and not
constructive.  I would support an official warning being issued.

  2.  I also think that, as Scott pointed out, when Laura as a wg member has
disagreed with Mike, in the interest of fairness, she should let one of the
other chairs warn Mike.

She is not speaking as a working group member. She is speaking as a chair. That
is the problem. Especially saying to "submit text" to a working group document
that doesn't even exist. That is a problem with process and needs to be
addressed.

Mike