On 8/3/2023 1:46 AM, Laura Atkins wrote:
Put together a background document - that evolves from the problem statement
including all the pieces that you mentioned

There are topics and times when this much effort, for a document covering background issues, makes sense.  However producing such a document, especially going through RFC publication processes, is extremely expensive.

A point I was trying to make in earlier posts is that this topic does not seem to me to warrant anything close to that much effort on producing background text.

Especially when we so far seem to be lacking cohesive effort to formulate serious technical and operational 'solutions' and the community support to field them.

We need a lot more focus on the recruiting industry support/participation and on formulating technical specifications that will be used.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking