MH Michael Hammer (5304):

I'm sure this was discussed before, but perhaps a refresher helps.
How would the DKIM validator know the difference between:

A: The message had a valid signature, but it was broken after
signing.

B: The message is a forgery with a bogus signature.

If the DKIM validator cannot make that distinction, then the bad
guys will do B and the validator will treat it as A.

        Wietse