On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy <m...@cloudmark.com> wrote:

> That's also something we considered when talking to the Mailman people.  But
> again, this is really a small percentage of what causes author signatures on
> list mail to break.
>
>> Anyway, the list should be signing messages after adding subject line
>> prefixes, and after adding body footers. It's the list's signature, and
>> the list's reputation that need to be assessed by the recipient. There
>> are many other modifications that a list might make (like stripping
>> attachments, body prefixes, and so on) that would make l= useless.
>
> I think the MLM document makes all of this stuff pretty clear already.

It does to me; it seems like dropping the original signature and
signing with the list manager site signature is the appropriate way to
go. I don't think I'd want to know that there is a use case where my
DKIM signature still passes after somebody modified headers. Good
intent aside, I see it being used for bad purposes too easily.

If you're worried about DKIM signing spam sent to the list address,
then that's a bit of a different problem, and it has a different,
non-DKIM-related solution.

Cheers,
Al Iverson