At 4:32 PM -0700 8/24/11, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

 I think the only way to get HQ hotel rates down is to go to the sort
 of places that the IETF seems to not want to go. One of the cheapest
 places to fly to in the world is Las Vegas. You can also get really
 good hotel rates there, group or individual. Since I went to Las Vegas
 every year for 10+ years and basically did nothing but attend a
 conference and tradeshow *I* have no problem going back and would
 certainly consider it an option, but I certainly don't love it and
 wouldn't care if I ever set foot there again, and I know for a fact
 that many on this list feel the same way.

I suspect (but don't have any actual knowledge) that Minneapolis or Vancouver would be a compromise that would has worked fairly well in the past.

--
Randall Gellens