my  monitor  goes off ater 15 minutes , and  usually I turn it back on
by moving mouse or pressing any key, nothing happend so far, its not a
very  new system  2 yrs old and i am using ubuntu for the last 6
months or so. no problems so far.

One question i have is , is turning off and turning on ur monitor by
power management of OS  is same as switching  it on and off?

--
Miles to go before I Sleep