Hi Yadu,

On Apr 3, 9:49 am, Yadu Nand <yadudoc1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That was a really informative and well laid out post :)

Thanks for the compliment :). I was forced to write this up because he
mentioned that reputation of Linux had taken a beating. That just
makes our job of preaching FOSS a little harder. So I had to try to
dispel some myths. The only way to win is to be competitive. Happy to
see that you found it interesting.

> And yes. I never meant that ubuntu does damage by
> using default management options.

I didn't imply that- I make it a point never to attack someone
personally. I was just using your point to add some relevant details.

> Its just that the net
> has got lots of power management tweaks that just might
> turn out to be unhealthy.But it also turns out the tweaks
> are also labelled " completely insane ! ", " experimental "
> etc which is enough of a warning :)

  Thats interesting! (Completely insane?!! LOL!!). But that's exactly
what I meant- the engineers should know what they are doing. The
'experimental' and 'insane' schemes are unlikely to make it to release
builds, since any hardware damage will cause serious dent in
reputation for the distro- even when it is not the distro's fault.
That's why I added that I had no problems with them.

Regards,
Gokul Das