No I didn't face any problems with the new system except with the monitor as
mentioned which is very old. Well maybe the mains is the problem since my
system was replaced many times(one time it was due to prolonged disuse and
lizards had made a home in the pc case) and there were electrical problems
and Linux has just become a scapegoat in all this. I wouldn't have bothered
if I wasn't rigorously spreading the word of Linux to everyone I saw. I
didn't want a problem like that to happen to anyone I talked to.

Thanks
Binny