Hi,

2009/11/25 jeevachaithanyan sivanandan <jeevan...@gmail.com>:
> Jeevachaithanyan S
> Java(medium),python(newbie).

> Proposed project:- An open project to build up Traffic Monitoring System

Start it!
Go to some project sites like Sourceforge or Google Code or Savannah,
make the description and details and how to be part of development.
Inform mailing lists, who likes your idea will come and will start
contribute to project. Being a person with skill in java and python
and so enthusiastic to contribute , it won't be a tough thing for you
to initiate and maintain a project. As Manilal said, follow some other
project and be a part of it whichever project you like to know how it
works and collaborates. There are books like producingoss.com which
would help to know the way. (I am sorry, I am talking all these
thinking your are not yet a core dev of any FOSS project who codes a
ton and gits a dozen time a day.)

Well, there is a point in what Aashik said - think whether the new
project idea could be incorporated with any existing one, or made as a
module to some existing FOSS projects. This feature makes FOSS
beautiful, Is n't it?

And if you mail was just meant to make an Idea Collective, where
people can search for "what do FOSS needs", well, we can have a wiki
for tracking those ideas. (I am not sure, we have something like that.
Huge projects have to-do/ wish / GSoC idea lists inside themselves.)

Simple. Make the project up, Don't wait for the crowd. Crowd will
follow. Who knows whether this project is going to be in the list of
top 10 FOSS tool in 2011!

If you are still in dark, Reply to the thread. ;)

IRC : HFactor | Phone : 09496346709 | PGP : 4634C034 | W : http://hiran.in
Stephen Leacock  - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/stephen_leacock.html