On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Rajeev J Sebastian <
rajeev.sebast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:20 PM, nishandh M <pro.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM, bipin kumar <bipin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> look you are going overboard over decisions that normal in a
> >> enterprise/organization.
> >
> > true.But isnt it like: FSUG is an organisation, and ilug-tvm is its
> > imprint.
> >>
> >> these decisions are result of deliberation
> >> within the organization, and outside advisors. further theses
> >> decisions are also influenced by the organizational need, its
> >> financial condition etc.
> >
> > The affore said parameters are variables. What if a functionally
> structured
> >  enterprise is born out of FSUG?(not a power hierarchy) Some responders
> in
> > the list are working admirably on external funds. [and commited
> performers
> > are already being absorbed by enterprises where ever their policies
> match]
> > The meaning of your phrase could be read as "FSUG/its like-minded members
> > should never form an enterprise".
>
> HAHAHA. You must be joking. That will never work, because employees
> somehow think 100% differently when they come home and don their
> "FLOSS" hats.

Assuming you left off the working atmosphere and
resource-to-productivity-ratio in a committed NGO?

> > Heck = "way of referring to Hell " why does men get this much adrenaline
> > rush on my comments? is it that i am some non-techie? (non-touchee
> > :) ).Non-techies cant stand for anything in FLOSS?  being at CCMB you are
> > aware how much tissue you are endangering with the adrenaline rush.
> Forget
> > that its from me, just consider the logic.
> > Tell me out right that "we dont want to hear this from you, you 'krimi',
> you
> > F***" and i stops it :)  not.
>
> Guess what I am saying right now? :P

yaeh, you made it very straight earlier, i want some more signs under it!

> >> which means that
> >> this solution is optimized for their purpose,
> >
> > Question: A solution is proposed, without proper allocation. The usual
> > election propagande way. agree/disagree? is it working?
> >>
> >> i repeat their purpose.
> >> these might include  customizing the os specific to hardware/software
> >> set to get their job done. for chrissake these systems are meant to do
> >> official job and not for ordinary use such as watching movies. playing
> >> games.
> >
> > Bad bad attitude of techies that watching movies and playing  games are
> > not_for_the_most_adorable_of_them.
> > Arent you playing a first person shooter game at the moment? Look you
> have
> > succesfully gathered an (+100) sabotage package, which you may percieve
> as
> > MOAB or SWORD! you are adding men to your Holly Alliance to a strategic
> > game. The more logical you are, the more support your argument get.
> > To state it seriously: The frame work to watch movies, play games are
> shared
> > for watching news streams and working research/educational simulators.
> > We (who ever it is) doesnt use it for creative purpose means we have set
> our
> > priorities adorably like that.
>
> Most techies watch a lot of movies and play a lot of games ... (or get
> entertained in some other way). I personally have a 600GB collection
> of movies and play Urbanterror every 5-6 hours.

@ sorry man, this is personal, its certainly better than my personality
which you comentd upon.(the allopathy thingy, which you mis interpreted as
modern medicine as such).

> >> this is how redhat/canonical makes money. they don't sell the os.
> >> instead they charge for the customer support/service. i.e tailoring
> >> the os to meet the customers need.
> >
> > Converse of theory: The more stupid the base distribution is, the more
> money
> > they get. (Reading in between lines). Let their buisiness model work. for
> > any sake.
> > Fact: IF a FLOSS company with buisiness ethics propose that 'they rectify
> > the problems of ITC sector of Govt of Kerala' based on FLOSS, they can
> win
> > it without even 1% of the money M$ spent on Malyasian bureaucracy*. (*as
> > read on internet).
>
> You are 100% wrong about this. I would say the "Govt" has other
> priorities than supporting FLOSS or supporting companies with business
> ethics. What they are committed to is of course, using FLOSS as an
> election platform or as a promotion platform to fool people.

any Govt(Kerala), not allocating resources for FLOSS development, is doing
harm to the nation in long term.

> Regards
> Rajeev J Sebastian

> For details visit the google group page:

      "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
                        Leonardo da Vinci