its getting really tiresome.

"of course.Adoption of FOSS is a good policy. I am curious about the
selction
of the distro, and the framework created for its maintenance and
improvement.
Making a seperate distro/Custom Linux/DVD remaster is absolutely OK,
if it
the resource demand can be afforded and well managed.

Some problems are:isolation of the new entity from its parent distro.
The
parent distro attained fast maturity because of wide community
support. The
core of new entity (of the new distro/DVD remaster ) is not updated at
the
speed of  its parent, making it substandard.

When it is declared as a new entity and isolate it from its parent
forum, it
loses the support from the forum too. When you ask a question to the
debian
forum saying 'i am using  i...@school and i would be pleased to get some
comments or the following problem", you get less number of answers.
For
international users dont know i...@school. And they wont be very much
intersted when they really come to know the interests behind declaring
as a
more or less 'new entity'. I mean taking advantage of it, for election
and
other group glorification purposes.

In other words, the govt could have adopted a distro which is
internationally developed, as such, and just add to its specific
demands
(language,specific apps etc). It could have been totally isolated only
when
there is considerable change in policies.

the official docs on efforts from Govt side (Kerala)can be seen at: "

in the entire above paragraph you are commenting on the government's
decision without having any substantial info regarding the actual
variables that were used in making such a decision. simply put this is
what i meant by you are shooting in the dark. if you want make such a
statement first get your facts, file an RTI, get the answers from
concerned authorities  on what basis they are going ahead with custom
solution and then come back here for a debate, rather than chasing the
smoke.
further why shouldn't government use a custom os for their purpose.
maybe you have given some generic reasons, but that doesn't fly. to
give you an example who said government is going ahead with expensive
dedicated pc based solution for governance, they could have gone for
thin client based solutions as well, where only one good server and
and array of barebone pcs are sufficient for the task. can you imagine
how a full fledged desktop based distro solution fit into this
situation. further it is nothing new that organizations deploy their
own custom linux solution for their purposes, that are radically
different from the mainstream you are so fond of. an example is is the
version of linux deployed in google servers, kernel of which is
radically different from the mainstream linux kernel tree. oracle too
has such a solution. now dont get started on the lines that govt lack
the ability to do so. we do have talented pool  of unemployed youth in
kerala, maybe this might be an opportunity for them. lets not be
cynical.

'i am using  i...@school and i would be pleased to get some
comments or the following problem"
here its the problem of  the way of asking the question. rather than
saying i...@school  linux its better to say debian sarge(i may be wrong
about actual version of debian used) based distro and one might get
proper answers. its important to ask intelligent questions to get
intelligent answers.

"Fact (5) of first post: 5)The students who learn GNU/Linux and
associated systems does not have enough professisonal functionality**
because of comparitively low-perfoming professional softwares in FOSS
arena.They fail to get job.[Fact, main context of thread] "

simply put  its not fact its just a statement made by you without any
source of reference.
further a person who actually trained well in FOSS based solution is
most likely to be better skilled in adapting solutions that are
dissimilar to one he is experineced, converse is true for proprietary
solutions as well. "where is Microsoft word ?" syndrome i mentioned
earlier thread becomes valid over here.

Bipin