On 25 April 2011 15:34, Suraj Rajan <dr.surajra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>

> Thanks for the quick inputs.
>
> I took my lap top to my friend, Mr. Sebin Jacob and he did a few tweaks. I
> guess they worked, Today morning, the Data card was inserted and to my
> surprise the connection was established. It's working fine now.
>
> The only problem is that it keeps crashing now and then after which there
> are long pauses when I am unable to connect to the net, even though the
> green light on the data card stays on steadily.
>
> Is it possible that the USB drive is crashing ?
>
> How can I mend this ?
>
> PS: I am new to the whole Linux world, so I'd be grateful if you could give
> me the "command" to be typed into the terminal too, when you find a
> solution.
>
> And regarding the usb-modprobe, I ran an install command but it says "no
> package found".
>
> Are there any packages/pluggins I can download "ready-made" from any site,
> for that matter ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I guess the issue may be due to
usb-modeswitch(http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/usb-modeswitch). So
can you please check whether it is installed?

(I had came across an issue in which I cannot connect to the 3G
netsetter from Idea. later I installed  usb-modeswitch and got it
connected; BTW, this was in Fedora so not sure whether it will work
for Ubuntu)

regards
--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.