Dear Manilal KM,

Thanks for the input, but running modeswitch shows that my system has its
latest version already on.

Suraj

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Manilal K M <libreg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 April 2011 15:34, Suraj Rajan <dr.surajra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Friends,
> >

> > Thanks for the quick inputs.
> >
> > I took my lap top to my friend, Mr. Sebin Jacob and he did a few tweaks.
> > guess they worked, Today morning, the Data card was inserted and to my
> > surprise the connection was established. It's working fine now.
> >
> > The only problem is that it keeps crashing now and then after which there
> > are long pauses when I am unable to connect to the net, even though the
> > green light on the data card stays on steadily.
> >
> > Is it possible that the USB drive is crashing ?
> >
> > How can I mend this ?
> >
> > PS: I am new to the whole Linux world, so I'd be grateful if you could
> give
> > me the "command" to be typed into the terminal too, when you find a
> > solution.
> >
> > And regarding the usb-modprobe, I ran an install command but it says "no
> > package found".
> >
> > Are there any packages/pluggins I can download "ready-made" from any
> site,
> > for that matter ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> I guess the issue may be due to
> usb-modeswitch(http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/usb-modeswitch). So
> can you please check whether it is installed?
>
> (I had came across an issue in which I cannot connect to the 3G
> netsetter from Idea. later I installed  usb-modeswitch and got it
> connected; BTW, this was in Fedora so not sure whether it will work
> for Ubuntu)
>
> regards
> --
> Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
> http://libregeek.blogspot.com

> For details visit the google group page:

This mail is sent in good faith that its contents will not be used for
anything other than what is mentioned/requested in the subject matter. The
sender of this mail ascertains his right to privacy and wishes that no part
of this mail be reproduced or forwarded without the explicit permission of
the sender and/or without removing all traces of personal identity  from it.