I don't see what is wrong. They have been running the root servers for too
long and they are now trying to make some money out of it.
And they only do it for invalid domains. It is much better than pop up ads
in flash that cover the screen.

I would think this is a legitimate way of making money.

The issue of technical problems cropping up due to this also looks
exaggerated to me. Clearly, any danger to SMTP servers can not be a concern
as they would probably add wildcards for "A" type record and not "MX"
records.

Can somebody more knowledgeable enlighten me on what kind of things I can
expect to break because of this from a system administration point of view
and how can they be repaired.
(just the facts please, not the rhetoric).

With Warm Regards
Tarun Upadhyay

Induslogic Inc.
*Industrial Strength Software*