On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 12:47, Tarun Upadhyay wrote:
> Can somebody more knowledgeable enlighten me on what kind of things I can
> expect to break because of this from a system administration point of view
> and how can they be repaired.
> (just the facts please, not the rhetoric).

I read this at The Register

This will poison DNS servers across the world as they will end up
caching the SOA records created by Verisign for these 'dynamic' DNS
entries. While the time to live on these records is short, real entries
will be dropped as the junk entries are added to the database. There is
now a new DNS attack were nodes on the internet create vast numbers of
random DNS look up requests so clearing the DNS caches of all the DNS
servers they access.

--
   / \__
  (    @\___    Raj Shekhar