On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 23:53, LinuxLingam wrote:
> so the question is, if such a 486 pc, or a pentium I, is connected via
> ltsp to an amd athlonxp with redhat8 or 9, with a graphics card that
> supports 800x600 24-bit, would it still be able to handle gnome or
> kde...? and running openoffice? all streaming in from the amd athlonxp
> server?

All machines that are on my network (rather two networks) run full X
with KDE and OpenOffice /Evolution / Mozilla. And in 1024x768 resolution
at 16bit resolution as the cards are old ones. Sis cards are a problem
but CirrusLogic / S3 cards are fine.
My servers are Piv but athlon's have been reported to work equally good.
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux