Mon 1-Mar-2004:: ILUG-D activity in last 7 days:
New members:35   Total members:2521
1. Anil Bora, Novice, New Delhi, India
2. Balwan yadav, Novice, delhi, India
3. Bharat bhushan, Novice, haryana, India
4. Deepak, Novice, India
5. Dhiraj Kalra, Novice, Delhi, India
6. Foo, Novice, India
7. Gaurang mistry, Novice, gujrat, India
8. Gaurav sahariya, User, u.p., India
9. Gaurav Sharma, Novice, Delhi, India
10. Girish mehta, Novice, delhi, India
11. Harsh singal, Novice, India
12. Juveria Saba, Novice, New delhi, India
13. Kamal dodeja, Novice, India
14. Kapil munjal, Novice, India
15. Kaushik bhandankar, Novice, goa, India
16. Mariajoseph ishaq, Novice, delhi, India
17. Mohd Ghufran Ansari, Novice, Delhi, India
18. Namrata gupta, Novice, Rajasthan, India
19. Nitin Madnani, Power User, Maryland, USA
20. Pradeep sharma, Other, uttar pradesh, India
21. Rahul kumar, Novice, u.p., India
22. Raj narayan, Novice, Delhi, India
23. Rajendra solanki, Novice, rajasthan, India
24. Rajeshwar Dutt, Other, Delhi, India
25. Rakesh kumar singh, Novice, new delhi, India
26. Rohit Chandra, Novice, India
27. Sachin Kundu, Novice, India
28. Sanjay Maharishi, Novice, India
29. Sarvesh Singhal, Power User, India
30. Siddharth banerjee, Power User, madhya pradesh, India
31. Sreedhar Barigeda, User, Uttar Pradesh, India
32. Vimarsh zutshi, User, UP, India
33. Vishal, Novice, India
34. Zameer ahmad, User, u. p., India
35. Zippo, Novice, India
New Discussion forum postings:24   Total postings:26
1. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Zippo
Subject: This is really nice !
hey great work on the website....this is really a welcome change!...

2. Category: Distributions  Author: Nishikant Kapoor
Subject: How do you pick a distribution?
I started using Linux way back in 1997 with Slackware. I still remember the tough time
and the sleepless nights I had installing...

3. Category: Distributions  Author: Viksit Gaur
Subject: RE:How do you pick a distribution?
Hehe..
I've been using Linux since slak 2.0 (the pcquest distro). I've tried every distro i
could lay my hands on, and i thi...

4. Category: Programming  Author: Dinesh Ahuja
Subject: Using POSIX Message Queues, Semaphores in Red Hat Linux9.0
Hello Everybody,

I have to use POSIX Message Queues (mq_open),Semaphores and Shared Memory in Red Hat
Linux 9.0 which i...

5. Category: Hardware Support  Author: Surya Sen
Subject: SOUND CARD PROBLEMS!
My system is a p3 733mhz. sound card is ess allegro module:maestro3

i have fedora core1 installed. but my sound is not...

6. Category: Hardware Support  Author: Arindam Dey
Subject: RE:SOUND CARD PROBLEMS!
What do you mean by music? Audio CD's ? ogg files ? or the most likely mp3 ?

If it is the last one mp3 then most likely...

7. Category: Programming  Author: Nitin Madnani
Hi Dinesh

AFAIK, Redhat 9.0 comes with NPTL...that was one of the big features in the changelog.

Wait..I can...

8. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Sandip Bhattacharya
Subject: RE:This is really nice !
Great stuff, Nishikant! Just a question though - can this site be themeable? ;)...

9. Category: News/Announcements  Author: Rajeshwar Dutt
Subject: LDAP Deployment
Hi Frenzz;
I am gonna deploy an LDAP server ..I have been trying it since last couple of dayss
..But didn't get success so f...

10. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Nishikant Kapoor
Hmmm...I wish I could say 'yes' but as it stands right now, it will be quite some work
to achieve that. Will put it on my TODO l...

11. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Nishikant Kapoor
Subject: TODO list
This is a list that I want to maintain as the TODO list for ILUG-D web site. Please
post to this topic if and only if you have a...

12. Category: Distributions  Author: Ritesh Sarraf
Hmmm! A really good topic making us delve into the past at how we all really started
this amazing os. I myself, as others, have...

13. Category: Programming  Author: Dinesh Ahuja
Hi Nitin,
I am using Red Hat Linux 9.0 which has a Kernel 2.4-20. I am not able to use POSIX1.b
functions like mq_open and m...

14. Category: News/Announcements  Author: Rajeshwar Dutt
Subject: Error in Ldap server
Dear all ;
I have configured an ldap server ..when I am issuing a command
ldappasswd the error is coming
ldap_sas...

15. Category: News/Announcements  Author: Kaushik Bhandankar
Subject: Roaming Profiles in Samba
Hi

I have configured Samba to act as a PDC and configured it for roaming profiles and
netlogon as well...

but...

16. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Sandip Bhattacharya
Subject: RE:TODO list
Another wish - a provision in the member account for mentioning the GPG/PGP public key
or atleast the key ID....

17. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Nishikant Kapoor
> 2) Arindam Dey: Have a configurable option for discussion forums that could be set
>or unset to moderate or unmoderate

<b...

18. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Sandip Bhattacharya
- Pictures in a picfolder should have next-previous links so that we can browse
through the pictures one by one without needing...

19. Category: Installation  Author: Amit Sharma
Subject: Do Fedora Core 1 needs to be upgraded immediatley after install?
hi,

do i need to upgrade something (probably vmlinuz) after i install fedora core 1. i
read some where that one must up...

20. Category: Job Openings  Author: Zippo
Subject: Linux Administrator wanted
Post - Linux Administrator

Requirements
- Experienced with Linux Administration for atleast 2 years.
- Working...

21. Category: Distributions  Author: Rohit Kumar
Subject: Distro's still at a distance!!! RATE'EM UP!
Why does not the group rate distro's ranging from user convenience to power user...as
i recently installed knoppix(lfy) coz fedr...

22. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Rohit Kumar
Subject: GR8 logo credits toLinuxLingam!!!
great going guys...really happy to see LL suggested logo atlast!! but still i given
the right to ask for more...can we do smethi...

23. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Nishikant Kapoor
Subject: RE:RE:TODO list
> 4) Pictures in a picfolder should have next-previous links so that we can browse
> through the pictures one by one without needi...

24. Category: ILUG-D Web Site  Author: Rajeshwar Dutt
This site must be having a chat servre also ..It will be of great help everybody as
they can have a live discussion around ...!!...

New news items:3   Total news items:3
1. Category: Job Openings  Author: Sudhir Gandotra
Subject: Required immediately - 3 Programmers with good experience of C,C++, PHP,
PostgreSQL
Required immediately:

Creative, Hardcore, Sturdy Programmers (3) with Good experience of C, C++, PHP,
PostgreSQL and a strong Programming attitude - all of it on LINUX. Ability to
study-research-document will be very much required.

Excellent Salaries (8k to 20k - depending on experience and expertise) with Creative
Environment (exclusive Linux LAB), at West-Delhi.

Requirement: Immediate (Can meet immediately, with appointment for discussion, and if
selected, can join the same day)....

2. Category: Upcoming/Recent Events  Author: Vivek Khurana
Subject: JAVA User Group Meeting
At last, after some effort Java User Group (JUG meeting is going to happen on this
Sunday, 29th Feburary 2004, at Sarai, 29 Rajpur Road, Delhi, at 2:00 p.m.

PS: Unlike linux delhi meetings the focus will be on programming....

3. Category: Job Openings  Author: Ankur Rohatgi
Subject: Required : Sysadmin , PHP coder
The following positions are open in a small software development company
based in Gurgaon :

1. System Administrator
- 2-3 years experience as a Linux SysAdmin
- Remote admin experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of the OS, Security, Internetworking, Communications a must

2. PHP Coder
- 2 years experience in PHP
- SQL skills should be very good
- Knowledge of the linux OS and apache webserver will be a major plus...

Send your suggestions, comments or feedback to 'nkapoor at webrachna dot com'