here's a great example of unsolicited stuff. but then, i wish i had the
same position of strength to fight back....
;-)

U.S. Army Warns Microsoft To Back Off

    [0]declan writes "My CNET News colleague Ina Fried has written an
    interesting article today about how [1]the U.S. Army has told
Microsoft
    to stop sending free CD-ROMs of Office 2003 to government employees.
In
    what's effectively a cease and desist order, the Army said: 'Your
offer
    of free software places our employees and soldiers in jeopardy of
    unknowingly committing a violation of the ethics rules and
regulations
    to which they have taken an oath to uphold.' Whoops! Perhaps this is
    Microsoft's latest way to [2]fight free software at the Pentagon.
    Remember that just 8 months ago, the Army [3]paid $471 million for
    Microsoft licenses."
Links
    0. http://www.mccullagh.org/
    1. http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-5171976.html