Dear Arvind Sinha,

No. Not exactly. Mil grade means the software does exactly and only what it is suppose
to do.

A very large number of Mil grade softwares go thru quality standards based on (US) DoD
QA regulations ( I think it use to be 1690 A or some thing similar/long time, don't
recall) or something equivalent in other countries.

It also means that the softwares (and the associated hardware) have been tested
thorouly for inband & out of band behavior and their behavior, under a very large
number of different circumstances, is predictable.

This rules out Micro$oft completely ;-)

Also, most of the Mil equipment still uses (commercially long obsolete) absolutely
predictable hardware.

The QA standards are still more strict for Space. The Martian Buggy used Z80
processor, which is long dead (about 20 years) in commercial world.

Regards.
Atul Asthana
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
2004-03-18 09:21:10

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
--Mahatma Gandhi