A good solution provider would base his/her choice on the human
resources available and constraints if any in terms of technology to be
used.

As for programming language I believe good code can be written in any
language it all depends on the programmer. I can assure you good
programmers are not available easily for any language.

MVC, J2EE and .Net framework are concepts and suggestions for
implementing a enterprise and potentially web based application.
Understanding what they enforce and guarantee is more important than
your choice of technology.

I was also surprised nobody (including Raju) mentioned mod_perl.
EmbPerl or Mason over mod_perl gives you all the features that ASP on
IIS or JSP, PHP etc provides under Apache. You get the added advantage
that perl is the only language other than C which has all the hooks in
Apache's request cycle enabled.

Mithun