Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
 If the computer maker (LG in this case, but you have HP/Compaq too
now along with Esys) is interested in having the customer use Linux

Hey, we came first :-)

So do you think the Indian Linux community can and should be doing
something about this?

Talk to me. I have a budget, and no ideas.

In Singapore, I have 2 Linux companies that provide free email support for our PCs, they benefit by advertising, and some of these will convert to a paid support contract. Hopefully, some customers will hire these companies for commercial Linux app stuff as well. We support them by giving them hardware and other assistance.

The easy way would be for me to put in a flyer mentioning the LUG mailing list, however, this will not work till members have access to the hardware and distribution we pre-load.

Ideas, please.

--
Sanjeev