On Tuesday, 18 Oct 2005 12:29 pm, Abhay wrote:

> When I mention Shusha (I am no developer, nor any marketing person for
> the fonts/firm involved), I just want to make more and more people to
> move on to writing in Hindi without going through the pain of keymap. I
> myself started to do lots of my correspondence with government offices
> in Hindi after I found Shusha and the main reason was the ease of typing.
>

> If it takes 2 hours for you to write one letter in Hindi because you are
> conforming to unicode then every "end-user" will get frustrated and move
> on to the easier way of writing the letter in English. Let people move
> on to Hindi first...feed them the standards later. Trying to do both at
> the same time achieves nothing but frustration and repelling users away
> from Hindi.
>
> That is just my opinion. You are free to have your own.

May I ask what you did with the letters you typed using Shusha?

- Was your aim only to get something visible in Hindi so that you can print
it?
- Or was it to write an electronic document that you could send to someone so
that they can read/modify it in their own mail-client/word processor? In this
case, did you have any influence over the software that the other person
might need to read your letters?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

            • ... Kenneth Gonsalves
            • ... Gora Mohanty
            • ... विवेक ऐय ्यर விவெக ஐய்யர் Vivek Iyyer
              • ... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              • ... Nishant Sharma
              • ... Abhay
              • ... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  • ... Gora Mohanty
    • ... Abhay
      • ... विवेक ऐय ्यर விவெக ஐய்யர் Vivek Iyyer
      • ... Sandip Bhattacharya
        • ... Abhay
          • ... Sandip Bhattacharya