On 09-Jan-07, at 12:22 PM, Viksit Gaur wrote:

>> That should not matter.
>
> Oh? So you put something up without knowing if its
> ever going to be used at all?

yes

>> group or wiki, which the Indian community (that I
>> have seen) at large
>> are not exposed to,
>
> Really? Which 'Indian' community are you talking
> about? Wikis are by far the most popular means of
> putting up information on the internet, more so than
> most other CMSs around

a recent initiative in ilug mumbai - we used the wiki to write a
linux brochure - in fact three brochures with dozens of contributors
- 5000 hits in about a week. A good percentage of the contributors
were using a wiki for the first time - and I am talking about people
with many years on linux. In fact the vast majority of linux/foss
users probably dont know how to use wikis - and have never used them.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS