> i dont think our main weakness is money. Our main weakness is that we
> dont like to make waves, we want to be popular and friendly with
> everyone, so we dont protest - we compromise and get trampled over.
> The only way to face a bully is to stand up to him.

Not so. I think at-least 70% of FOSS hackers do what they do because
they simply enjoy it. A large majority of improvements in any FOSS
software is a result scratching-your-own-itch, not to make something
easier for the "end-user". No question of "facing" any bully here when
we aren't even competing with anyone.

What this means is that, a lot of us don't really care if Linux has a
major market share or not. We use it because we like it; and we don't
really care whether the rest of the world uses it or not. Quoting Manoj
from #linux-india "I don't want more users; I want more developers who
can help me".

If someone chooses to use Windows Vista; too bad. I don't want to waste
my energy in trying to convince him not to.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Anant